Most of the students study for hours and still do not get the desired result. A few students study less and yet get good grades. How do they learn so effectively in a short period of time? You might wonder what separates them. It is not a mystery. The main factors that separate them are their study habits and techniques. So how to Learn Effectively in a short period of time? Some of the effective techniques to learn effectively are as follows:
- Get a silent place: First of all a silent place is required for effective study. It should be free of clutter and distraction free. Get every material required for your study in place.
- Set specific goals for your study session: Before sitting to study, decide which chapter or topic you will be covering in that particular study session. Allocate a specific time.
- Break study session: Research has shown that a single long hour study seems to be ineffective. In comparison to a short study session with frequent breaks. Our brain can concentrate on any given task for 25 minutes only. After that, it needs to break and rest to again function at its maximum level. Just five-minute break is sufficient to recharge our brain.
- Try to gain concept: While studying always try to understand what a particular topic is about. Try to grasp the main concept and ideas.
- Use Feynman’s technique: Feynman’s technique can be very helpful in understanding a new concept. The main concept of Feynman’s technique is to explain the concept in simple language as much as possible. This helps to solidify the core concept of the topic.
- Active recall: Most of the time we study passively. The active recall involves recalling the learned material without seeing the book or the study material.
- Spaced repetition: In order to learn any information or material for a longer time, spaced repetition is preferred. Spaced repetition means revising the learned information at a certain time interval. This could be preferably next morning, then after a week, 15 days and a month later.
- Use all of your senses: While studying, try to employ all of your senses. Use your auditory, visual and other senses.
More than hard work it is necessary to work smartly. Using above-mentioned techniques can help in effective learning in a short period of time. Select the time when you are most productive for your study session. It does not matter whether it is morning or night.